The hair wigs are popular and welcomed by many American African women. It is easy to wear and can be styled virtually any way that natural hair can, whether it's natural, curly or pin straight! Read these steps to learn how to style a human hair wig or synthetic wig, and how to care for your human hair like a pro.
how to style a human hair wig?
This is actually much less complicated than many would think. In 5-6 easy steps, you can have a perfectly styled human hair lace front wig!1. Cut the Lace: If your wig is a lace front, it most likely came with pre-cut lace, but for the wigs that do not, the lace must be cut. This is a delicate process that takes a steady hand, a good pair of scissors and a lot of patience. Cut away about a quarter-inch of the lace all around the front and sides of the wig.
2. Use long, fluid scissor strokes to avoid jagged edges. It is best to cut away small portions of lace instead of all of it at once, since cutting away too much lace will ruin the wig.
3. Define the part: Use a wide-tooth comb to create a part on one side of your hair or follow the hard parting that your hairstylist has previously cut in. If you are completing this process without the aid of a hairstylist, put the wig on your head and decide where you want to part the hair. Be sure it is centered, and try a few different options before you commit!
4. Styling, on or off a head: Some women prefer to style their wig on their own head, while others prefer to put it on a styrofoam or metal wig stand. Regardless of your preference, a wet wig is easier to style. Wet styling is the best method for styles like roller sets. Styling foam and serums are usually applied on wet hair to smooth it out. Remember to be gentle as you do not want to cause any stress to the bonds holding the wig together.
5. Dry the hair: Gently blot hair with a towel. To restyle your human hair wig, you may use a blow dryer, curling iron or flat iron on low heat settings only or use electric rollers on a medium setting.
6. Add some shine to your wig: Try using some shine serum to smooth out the hair and add some natural shine. This step will also help to extend the life of your wig!
how to style a synthetic wig?
Besides human hair wigs, "how to style synthetic wig" is always be asked by the wearer. Here we also introduce it to you:1. Try the "shake and go" method. Many styles need only a good shake or finger styling and they're ready to wear. 2. For tight curly or ringlet styles give the wig a vigorous shake, then gently lift and separate the curls with a pick comb or your fingers. DO NOT BRUSH.
3. For wavy styles with loose curls, brush lightly with a wig styling brush or pick comb using short, lifting strokes - just enough to relax the style.
4. For long curly styles, use your fingers or a pick comb to gently lift and separate the curls. DO NOT BRUSH.
5. For straight styles, brush in long, even, gentle strokes from the crown to the ends for a smooth, sleek look.
6. After each wearing, spray the ends of your wig with wig conditioner. Gently remove any tangles.
7. Never expose your wig to heated styling tools such as hair dryers and curling irons or other heat sources.